Sunday, January 02, 2011

A New Year

Today is not only a new day, but a new year! For the first time in a long time, I feel very hopeful about the upcoming year. I will be honest, that kind of makes me nervous. It seems like every time I have hope, something comes along to crush that hope again. For now though, I am hopeful and I am going to bask in that hope.

I make New Year's resolutions each year..... ones that while wonderful in theory..... are ones that I just cannot follow through with. This year, I made my resolutions a bit more manageable and more realistic. I also only made three resolutions this year.

1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes at least 4 times a week.


2. Read at least 1 book for entertainment each month. (Does not include books assigned for school.)

3. Complete a minimum of 6 Forever Warm blankets in the next year.

I am hoping that by drinking more water that will mean less soda and southern sweet tea. I am hoping that combining that with working out will mean that I will eat much healthier overall. It's been easier than I suspected it would be actually. One day into the new year and I have eaten healthier two days in a row!
Yep, I was so excited by my resolutions that I went ahead and started a day early. I've worked two days in a row, but instead of the normal junk that I eat at work I've eaten diet meals (still microwave meals, but much healthier ones) and an orange! For anyone who doesn't know me, the fact that I even took a bite of an orange is a miracle itself. Turns out I actually kind of like them though. I've had one with my dinner the past two days, and I came home and wanted a snack tonight, so I grabbed another orange instead of chips or ice cream or candy like I usually would have. And just for the record, there is plenty of all of those options in the house!

I am also hoping that I can get more blankets completed and read more books than I planned as well. I don't know about that one for sure though. With school and two jobs and kids and Matt...... I don't know that there will be time to do any more than that.

I also decided to try to complete a 100 day challenge that I read about on Facebook. Basically you just have to get up and move, be active, for 30 minutes a day. I had to move around a ton of backstock at work tonight and instead of using jacks and dollies, I did it all manually because of this challenge. I started a 365 photo blog too! I think that it could be so much fun! I always wanted to do it, but I never remembered to start it on time and I felt weird starting it late, so I haven't done it until now. Feel free to check either one out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment