Saturday, January 08, 2011

The journey has begun!

First, a weightloss update: I have lost 3.4 pounds since the first of the year. My hubby has lost 3.8 pounds. I'm really excited about that! This is no where near as hard as I thought it was going to be. The shakes taste good, the snacks are awesome, and because we picked up the frozen meals, there is no weighing or measuring or anything. It makes it so much quicker and easier.

School starts next week. It's going to be Matt's first semester. I can't help but feel bad watching his stress out about starting school. I remember feeling these same feelings last semester. I was so stressed out that I thought it would make me sick. He is so worried, and I know that he will do fine. I am looking forward to the first week being over so that he can relax and enjoy the semester.

I am looking forward to thsi semester myself. I am not nearly as overloaded as I was during the first semester. I am looking forward to most of my classes, with the exception of speech. I think it will go a bit more smoothly this time. I did manage to keep my 4.0 last semester, but I was stressed out and sick most of the semester. My goal is to maintain my GPA but have more time to relax and enjoy myself this semester.

I received a letter in the mail today that I wasn't expecting. It was a letter from the college president. It was a letter congratulating me on being named to the President's List. I'm pretty proud of that stupid piece of paper. I worked really hard last semester to maintain those grades, and that paper acknowledges that hard work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment