Thursday, July 29, 2010

Improvements

Things are improving. Matt and I are both making a concious effort to improve our relationship. Most of the time. I'll explain that later though.

I have decided that while we are improving our relationship, I also need to work on improving me too. I need to lose the weight that I have been saying I wanted to lose for a few years now. *blush* Yeah, it's really been that long. Longer actually. 5 or 6 years..... somewhere in there. I keep putting it off thinking that I might be pregnant. Now that I know there is no way I can possibly be pregnant (because I'm on birth control) It's time to get serious and lose this weight. I need to be healthier. On a plus side, maybe it will help me when it comes time to try to get pregnant again in a few years.

I've ordered a few Jillian Michaels DVD's which I will have tomorrow. Those paired with some DVD's that I already have will cover my workouts. The other part of this is eating healthier. I said about a week ago that I was going to start eating better. Matt has ordered pizza, baked muffins, made greasy meals that are increadibly unhealthy and brings me lots of junk food! This is so frustrating. He just came in with a dozen apple cinnamon muffins straight from the oven (the only thing I like more is banana nut) and sat right beside me while he and the kids ate them all!

I did stick with it and not eat the muffins, so that is a great thing. It was tough though. I just wish that Matt would be a little more supportive with this. He really needs to eat healthier too, but instead....each time I try to do this it feels like he is working against me!

Hopefully I can stick with this and actually lose some weight this time. I have to be honest here. I need to lose around 50 pounds. I am going to get up and weigh myself and do measurements tomorrow morning before I eat anything. My family isn't going to like it much but I am not buying alot of snacks and such anymore. They can learn to eat healthier too. It's not going to hurt any of us. I'll update on my progress weekly when I do my weigh-in/measurements. It's not going to be easy. Working nearly full time, going to school full time and trying to take care of the family too.... I know it's going to be rough. I really want to stick with it though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment