Sunday, November 28, 2010

Exhaustion

Matt is officially done at his job. That means that, for now at least, I have to pick up as many extra hours as humanly possible in order to try and make things work. It isn't "ideal" for me, but it Matt and the kids are loving it. A mom's got to do what a mom's got to do, right? This coming week I am working 32.5 hours at the store, 14+ hours at the school and 16 hours of classes. Not to mention that we are quickly winding down towards finals week. There are projects to be done, essays to be written, tests to study for and CHRISTMAS to get ready for too!

Yeah, life isn't crazy enough around here, so we agreed to host Christmas at our house this year. WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?

I am pretty excited about Christmas this year. We got the kids just about everything (reasonable) on their list. Matt is getting most everything on his list too. He also got a BIG surprise this year. I did some rearranging, some wiggling and some saving and surprised him with a Toshiba 40" HD LCD TV. He got that early because I had to buy it on Black Friday and there wasn't anywhere to hide that beast until Christmas. He is thrilled with it, and I am glad that I could give him something that he really wanted.

I was amazed, but even with Matt quitting his job we were still able to pick up little things for pretty much the entire family. I still have to get a few gift cards for my family, but other than that and candy for stocking stuffers, we are all finished with Christmas shopping. Actually, we have the tree up, most of the decorating done, and about half of the wrapping is finished. We are on a roll this year.

A few more weeks and the craziness around here should start to settle into a much more manageable level. December 17 is the last day of finals (though I think mine actually are all finished up by the 15th). Next semester I am taking a much lighter course load, so it should be easier to keep up with everything I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment