Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First days

Well, so far the school year is off to a smooth start. Sierra and Will both have had two good days so far. Sierra auditioned for a play today with the community theater and she thinks that it went really well. I guess the director told her she did awesome and that she was the best he'd seen (for that particular role) yet. The play is The Sound of Music. I don't recall which role she auditioned for though. (She told me about this during the few minutes between me coming home and her going to bed.) It will certainly make things a little more hectic if she gets it, but we have tried so hard to find some extracurricular activity that she enjoys and excels at that if she does get it, we'll have to make it work.

Matt is doing well in his new department too. The job isn't as physical as it was in the old department, but it's using a new set of muscles, so he's kind of sore. That and ALOT of his co workers are hispanic and speak very little english, so there isn't really anyone for him to talk to during his long hours. His dad is transferring to this department soon too though, so if he can just hang tough for a little while it will get easier soon.

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. I only have two classes (psych and bio lab) but they are at the Creston campus (the main campus) so it means driving just over an hour to get to class and then another drive to get home. I'm pretty nervous too. I've been out of school for 12 years. I'm 30 years old. Am I really going to be able to pull this off, or have I waited too long to start school. I guess I'll find out starting tomorrow! lol

I have to get there a little early too though because I still have to make a trip to the business office to get parking permits for my truck and for Matt's car (just in case I still end up taking it from time to time. I also need to stop by the Osceola campus on the way to Creston or on the way home on or the other to pick up my final book for an online class that I added during orientation. Friday after classes I need to make a run to WalMart for a few more supplies that I still need. I can get through the first couple of days without the stuff though. I'd rather have it now before classes start, but I have to wait for my paycheck on Friday though.

For now, I'm heading to bed so that I have enough rest before class tomorrow. Wow, I can't believe I am really a college student and startling classes now! I don't know wether to be worried or excited! I guess for now I'll be both!

0 comments:

Post a Comment